02 Nov Restore Justice Illinois Announces 2022 General Election Endorsements
Restore Justice Illinois is excited to announce our endorsed candidates for the November 8th general election. All of these candidates have demonstrated support for abolishing life without parole sentences for children and young adults.
State Representative Mark Walker (Democrat, House District 53)
State Senator Ann Gillespie (Democrat, Senate District 27)
- Voted yes on the SAFE-T Act to narrow felony murder, eliminate money bond, and more
- Supports comprehensive criminal legal system reform
- Believes in addressing the root causes of violence: lack of affordable housing, good jobs, quality education, healthcare, and more
State Representative Seth Lewis, running for Senate (Republican, Senate District 24)
- Chief co-sponsor of HB 1064 to abolish life without parole sentences for most people under the age of 21
- Believes in rehabilitation for people who have been incarcerated
- Works across party lines to find commonsense solutions to problems
We need your help to support these champions and ensure we can continue to advance meaningful criminal legal reform in Illinois. Vote for Mark Walker, Ann Gillespie, and Seth Lewis on November 8th! Please also consider knocking on doors with us for one of these candidates. Sign up here.
Restore Justice Illinois also conducted a candidate questionnaire. She how other candidates feel about criminal legal system reform and related issues.